FIND ANSWERS to your QUESTIONS here
- HOW DO I JOIN the GUILD? ARE THERE DUES?
It’s easy to join at a meeting, at the Metro Quilt Expo, or on-line. You can also send a form through the mail. Start by clicking here. Annual dues vary, see our Membership page. We welcome members of all ages. There are discount rates for those over 65 or under 13.
- WHEN IS THE NEXT MEETING?
Meetings are held on the third Saturday of each month. There is usually a workshop in the morning, followed by a program and business meeting from 1 to 3pm. Meeting are held at the NDSCS building on N. University Drive in Fargo. NO IN PERSON MEETINGS will be scheduled until it is safe to get together. Click here for details of future meetings, workshops and programs. On-line programs have been scheduled.
- WHERE IS THE NEXT MEETING?
Nine monthly meetings are held at NDSCS Fargo, 1305 19th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102. July we have a picnic in the park, and November is our holiday luncheon at a local hotel. You can always find the latest meeting info by clicking here.
- CAN ANYONE COME TO A MEETING, or ONLY MEMBERS?
We welcome everyone who is interested in quilts, owns or makes quilts, or wants to learn about them! All ages, doesn’t matter where you live. Bring a guest if you like.
- HOW DO I REGISTER FOR AN EDUCATION WORKSHOP?
Registration instructions will be posted with each workshop. There is a small charge, and sometimes a size limit. You can always sign up at an earlier meeting, or follow the instructions posted in our newsletter or website.
- WHEN IS THE QUILT SHOW?
April 29 & 30, 2022 will be the next Metro Quilt Expo. You can find new information here as available.
- WHAT IS A QUILT CHALLENGE?
- WHO IS IN CHARGE?
The Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota is a registered non-profit corporation in the state of ND. We are governed by a Board of Directors, elected annually by our membership. Current President is Shelley Folkedahl. click here for board info.
- HOW DO I GET ON ZOOM? You will receive an email that contains a URL. You must click on that, or copy and paste the URL into your browser. If you have not installed Zoom on your computer, there will be a message on your screen explaining how to do that. You can do it ahead of time to save hassle. There is one more item to click, then you will be taken to the meeting. If you need to speak, make sure your microphone icon (lower left) does not have a red line through it. On the other hand, if you are in a noisy place, it’s best to mute your mike. There is also a little TV camera icon. You can click your camera on and off, if you want to be seen or remain invisible. On some computers, you might have to turn the camera on in your machine settings, or physically remove a little cover on the lens. CLICK HERE for an introductory video to help you get on Zoom.
- ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK?
Our public facebook page is found here. Or click on any facebook icon on these pages. Please like or follow us there to get the latest news.
- HOW CAN I CONTACT QGND?
click on the CONTACT page to email us
Use our mailing address: QGND, PO Box 2662, Fargo, ND 58108
WHAT IS THE METRO QUILT EXPO?
This is the annual quilt show held by QGND. It includes judged categories, prize ribbons, many vendor booths, lectures and presentations, and a silent auction of small quilts. Those who remember the annual Indian Summer Quilt Show, held since 1977, should know that this spring event replaces that fall show. All the details will be found by clicking here.