New Perspective is a MN based assisted living company with communities in several states, including one in North Dakota, New Perspective – West Fargo. Any information or masks is so very much appreciated. We are accepting donations of any amount. I am the contact person for this effort and can be reached by phone, text and email: 952-270-8653, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, words cannot express our gratitude!
Sr Director of Clinical Services
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
5900 Clearwater Drive, Suite 500, Minnetonka MN 55343
After reading about a similar project for the Wisconsin Quilt Museum, Bonnie Anderson has suggested the following activity for the Guild and has volunteered to put the blocks together in time to display at the 2021 Metro Quilt Expo.
Bonnie said, “We are all grieving over the loss of our 2020 quilt show. Our family has a wedding scheduled for April 25 that will likely not happen the way it was planned. Many of us are dealing with so many uncertainties. Lots of losses are anticipated in many ways. I think we QGND members could process some of those losses or other feelings in quilt blocks. Hopefully it won’t all be sad. It certainly can be beautiful and therapeutic.”
- Let’s collaborate on something that can be fun and meaningful with the uncertain times we are experiencing right now. The guild quilt show is cancelled for 2020 but we can still sew and quilt. Let’s make a social distancing Pandemic quilt with blocks from guild members.
- Create a 12 x 12 inch quilt block (includes a 1-inch seam allowance on each side; don’t decorate one inch from each edge). Finished blocks when sewn together will be 10 x 10 inches.
- Your block can be pieced, appliqued, embellished, painted, embroidered collaged…as long as it has a 12 x 12 fabric base and can be sewn together.
- Each block will be included in the collaborative quilt that will be displayed at our next Metro Quilt Expo.
- Mail your completed block to Bonnie Anderson, 1361 12th St N, Wahpeton, ND 58075.
- The new deadline will be one month following the next QGND meeting. For example, if we meet in June, the deadline is the July meeting. Do not sign your block but please include your full name and the city and state where you live with the block.
This event has been rescheduled for fall of 2020.
NDSU’s Department of Theatre Arts is performing The Velveteen Rabbit in April. They have asked us to mount a display of quilts or other fiber art in the lobby for the month. Your piece doesn’t have to be a rabbit. It could be about the themes featured in the book: love, becoming real, healing and transformation. To submit a piece for the exhibit deliver it to Virginia Dambach prior to April 1, 2020.
Also provide electronic (email) information for the exhibit including: Name of the Piece,
Maker Name, Size, and a brief description of how piece relates to the theme.
Participants would each be given two free tickets to the show. There will be a Vote for Your Favorite Piece for students and show attendees. The winner will receive a season pass for the 2021 NDSU Theatre season.
Entry form and guidelines for the 2020 Metro Quilt Expo are now available on our website. You may print out forms to mail in, or register online.
deadline is APRIL 3
The Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota Winter Retreat will be held February 28 – March 1st, 2020, at the Ramada Hotel, 3333 13th Ave. South, Fargo, ND 58103 . Members pay $50 for the weekend, non-members pay $60.
IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO REGISTER, as this event is full.
HOURS – The doors to the retreat will open at 8:00 AM on Friday, February 28th, and we will be able to sew until 4:00 PM on Sunday, March 1st. You may come and go anytime during this period.
COST – The cost of the retreat is $50.00 for the entire weekend for guild members and $60.00 for non-members. Visitors not registered to attend the retreat are not allowed to stay with the retreat attendees in the sewing space.
LODGING – Hotel rooms will be available at a negotiated rate of $89 if you mention the Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota when you call for reservations 701-235-3333. Do not delay on booking your room since there are only a limited number available.
FOOD – Meals will be on your own. For your convenience there is a restaurant and bar in the hotel, or there are many other local restaurant options in the area. Water, coffee, and light snacks will be provided.
SEATING – Each participant is allocated a 6’ table for their work space. Also, if you would like to sit with friends, please list the names below and we will try our best to accommodate requests.
REGISTRATION – The registration fee is non-refundable but can be transferred. You may bring your registration form and fee to the Holiday Luncheon on November 16th or mail it to PO Box 2662, Fargo, ND 58108. Registration will be on a first come basis. The hotel has a limited number of spaces available and we will do our best to accommodate everyone. Checks should be made payable to: QGND (Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota).
Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota 2019-2020 Guild Challenge Quilt
It’s for the Birds!
- Make a quilt featuring at least one bird. The bird can be your impression of a real bird or an imaginary one.
- Any shape, any style or technique, one bird or many. Embellished or not.
- Use at least one square inch of each of the fabrics you’re given.
- Three layers (back, batting, top), quilted not tied.
- No projections greater than 0.5 inch.
- Size parameters: perimeter no smaller than 48” and no greater than 96”.
Fabric/registration form can be picked up at the October meeting or at the Holiday Luncheon in November. If your fabric needs to be mailed to you, send your fee (see below) and registration form to Judith*.
Please fill out the form below and give to Judith Eide.
*Contact info: email@example.com, or 218 979 1317
Fee: $5 (or $5.70 if you need me to mail the fabric to you.)
Name: _____________________________________ email: ___________________________________
Address: (if I’m mailing your fabric) ____________________________________________________
Please include cash or check made out to Quilters’ Guild of North Dakota
Co-chairs- Bonnie Anderson and Roz Buck
There were 56 items displayed on two days with a grand total of $1555 in sales. Friday was $735 and Saturday was $820. The average purchase was $27.80. The highest amount spent on an item was $110 and the lowest amount was $6. Last year (2018) proceeds from the Small Quilt Silent Auction was $1324. A difference of $231.
In 2018 we had 54 people sign up for bidding numbers. This year there were 77 people signed up for bidding numbers. That is wonderful to have that much activity! A big thank you goes to each person who contributed to the auction and also to those who purchased.
click here for the list of donors and buyers.
If you have tried to pay your membership dues from the website, and could not get paypal to work, that has now been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Two poised and talented high schoolers addressed QGND at the March meeting. They have a project to make fidget pillows, which are given to, and appreciated by, people with dementia or stroke.
It was great to meet them. To contribute in any way to their project, check out their website here.